I don’t get to spend as much time as I’d like anymore perusing Serious Eats. Fortunately, they haven’t forgotten about me & still send me their weekly recipe newsletter. Today’s recipe is an easy version of one from said newsletter. If you feel like scraping vanilla beans & crushing your own graham cracker crumbs, find the recipe here. If you’re pressed for time like me, read on.
I think I underestimate how much I love pudding. It’s not something I ordinarily think to buy, but maybe it should be: it was the first thing I ate after my C-section (thank you, breech Mini-Munchkin). I ate it with every subsequent meal in the hospital. Hmmm… Pudding with every meal? I could go for that!
In the meantime, here’s pudding with dessert.
- 1 premade graham cracker crust
- 1 box (the big one, not the small one) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. clear vanilla extract
- 1 pint blueberries, washed & dried
- Prepare the pudding as directed on the package, just with 2 cups milk instead of 3. Chill in the refrigerator.
- Whip the cream, sugar, & vanilla. Fold about 1/3 of it into prepared pudding.
- Spread half of the pudding mixture into the bottom of the crust.
- Carefully spread another 1/3 of the whipped cream over the pudding, then top with almost all of the blueberries.
- Spread remaining pudding to hide the blueberries, then top with remaining whipped cream & sprinkle remaining blueberries on top.
- Serve with a spoon; this will get messy!