Dairy-free option | Soy-free | Nut-free | Clean-eating option
Well, I’ve done it. I actually managed to get my child sick of one of her favorite foods in the world. Looks like Pancake Friday wasn’t such a great idea after all… So in tribute to the demise of Pancake Friday, I give you my final pancake recipe for awhile.
Now, for the record, these Sweet Potato Pancakes were not the straw that broke the camel’s back. They were amazing. My husband’s cousin asked for the recipe & they were a hit at her house too! These are perfect for fall, & just sweet enough with real maple syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 3 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 1/4 cups mashed baked sweet potatoes (about a tuber & a half)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk (I used almond)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil, melted & cooled
- 2 Tbsp. brown or coconut sugar
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients & mix until fully incorporated.
- Heat a griddle on medium heat & grease with cooking spray (PAM for Grilling is soy-lecithin-free).
- Drop 1/4-cupfuls of batter onto hot griddle & cook until edges are set & bubbles begin to form. Flip & cook until both sides are golden.
- Serve topped with maple syrup & a dusting of cinnamon.
Adapted from here.