Anyone else remember those commercials? Well, these potatoes don’t use the Shake & Bake mix you buy at the store; you use your very own herbs & seasonings. This keeps the sodium level down — a plus! We seriously love these potatoes. The recipe first came from one of my Young Women’s leaders in — you guessed it — the ward cookbook! That thing is worth its weight in gold, I tell you what. Since then I’ve started customizing the spices to complement whatever meal I happen to be making. They’re delicious every time!
- A couple lbs. of potatoes of your choice (we like reds & sweets), cut into 1-inch cubes (peel the sweet potatoes & russets first)
- 1 med. onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or enough to coat)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- seasonings of choice (see below)
Seasonings: The original recipe calls for approx. 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary & salt & pepper to taste. This way is delicious! So is using dill in its place. Tonight, though, I went with Herbes de Provence Sea Salt & my Steakhouse Grinder.
- Preheat your oven to 375. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Let your kitchen helper help you put the potato & onion chunks in a gallon Ziploc bag.
- Add garlic & olive oil. (You can add seasonings at this point too, but I prefer adding them later to keep it even & reduce the amount I use.)
- Let your kitchen helper shake it up!
- This is where I sprinkle on the seasonings evenly.
- Arrange in a single layer on your prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until fork-tender.
Let me know what seasonings you decide to use!