First of all, I’m not Irish. I’m pretty much everything else that’s really really white except Irish. Plus we don’t drink. So if you’re looking for green beer or corned beef, sorry — this is the wrong place to be. I do, however, like finding fun ways to make our St. Patrick’s Day meals a little greener. So stick around!
Here’s an easy lunch idea: Green Rainbow Wraps.
Here’s what I used. You can add or change your ingredients as you see fit. For example, I hate raw tomatoes, so you don’t see any of those in there. Lettuce? We were out, so none of that in there either. The more sandwich toppings you can think of (& that your kids will eat), the more colorful your pinwheels will be!
- Spinach tortillas
- Chili or taco seasoning (I use this fabulous chili seasoning from W-S)
- Colby-Jack cheese (I used the deli slices, but I think shredded could work great too)
- Deli ham
- Deli chicken
- Spread a tortilla with some mayo. Sprinkle it with some chili seasoning.
- Lay out your cheese, meats, & whatever else floats your boat, leaving about 1-2 inches on the right & left sides.
- Fold in the sides of your tortilla, then roll it from front to back.
- Hold the wrap tight, then use a sharp knife to slice it into 3/4-inch slices to make pinwheels.
- Serve with rainbow Terra chips.
Of course, The Munchkin just preferred to dismantle them & pull out the meat… That’s my girl!