After last night’s insanity-induced interruption, here is the last installment of “3 easy meals, 1 grocery list.”
Today’s recipe came from Kraft’s Food & Family magazine, years ago, when they used to send it out for free. Then they wised up, started charging for it, & I stopped getting it. I’ve tried looking on the website for the original recipe, but can’t find the exact one, so you’ll just have to take my word for it that I’m citing my sources correctly. They call it STOVE TOP Classic One-Dish Chicken Bake with Vegetables.
I’m all about one-dish meals. Fewer dishes, less effort, less time. Like yesterday’s recipe, this has all 4 food groups, so I don’t need to slave over a veggie side! Win-win!
NOTE: This recipe serves 6 & makes for great leftovers. However, I adjust the amounts (especially of the stuffing) a little because a) there are only 3 of us & b) I used 1/2 cup of the stuffing on Tuesday. So I usually just make this in a smaller baking dish with the remaining stuffing, 1 cup water, 1 lb. chicken, & around 12 oz. veggies.
- Thaw 1 1/2 lbs. chicken breasts & a 16-oz. pkg. frozen mixed veggies.
- Preheat oven to 400. Add 1 2/3 cups hot water to 1 box stuffing mix; stir just until moistened. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces & lay in bottom of 3-qt. or 9×13 baking dish.
- In medium-sized bowl, mix 1 can cream of chicken soup, 1/3 cup sour cream, & 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella with thawed veggies.
- Spread veggie mixture over chicken.
- Top with prepared stuffing.
- Bake 30 min. or until chicken is done through.
That’s it! I hope you liked “3 easy meals, 1 grocery list.” If you give any of the recipes a try, please post comments! I’d love to hear what you thought!