These sandwiches are amazing.
Versatile. With chicken: great for summer picnics. With turkey: the most delicious day-after-Thanksgiving sandwich you’ve ever had.
A hit with everyone who’s tried them. Even professed curry haters have come back for more!
Still not convinced? They have bacon in them.
Now that I have your attention, I sincerely hope you give these a try this November 25th. Your family won’t give those cold-turkey-&-cranberry sandwiches a second thought.
They come from Giada de Laurentiis’ cookbook Giada’s Kitchen. My version makes a few of the ingredients a little more pantry-friendly (like subbing bacon for pancetta & ground ginger for fresh), because we have to buy enough crazy ingredients for Thanksgiving dinner!
- 8 oz. thinly sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp. yellow curry powder
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. ginger
- about 4 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey
- up to 8 ciabatta rolls (or, if you keep forgetting you’re not in New York anymore & they don’t sell ciabatta on every corner in Florida, these delightful French hamburber buns!)
- Cook bacon until crispy & set aside. I nuke mine between double layers of paper towels for a minute a slice.
- In a large bowl, mix together the mayo, curry powder, lime juice, honey, & ginger.
- Add chicken; stir to coat.
- Just before serving, crumble bacon into the mixture & stir just until incorporated.
- Slice rolls in half & spoon chicken mixture onto rolls.