Now that Mini-Munchkin is nearly three months, I probably have to stop using the “I have a newborn” excuse & start posting a little more regularly.
With that, here’s the first of what will likely be many quick-prep meals for those nights when you have literally 5 minutes in the kitchen.
A friend of mine from my local chapter of the National MOMS Club brought this dish over after I had the Mini-Munchkin. This thick, hearty, almost-chili soup was an instant hit, so I asked her for the recipe. It was so easy she was actually embarrassed to give it to me! But I love easy, so I’m not embarrassed at all to share this with you.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 3/4 cup water*
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can condensed tomato soup
- 2 cans black beans, undrained
- 2 cans corn, drained
- tortilla chips, cheese, sour cream, etc., for serving
*or however much your particular taco seasoning calls for
- Brown the ground beef. Drain.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Add taco seasoning & water. Stir.
- Add remaining ingredients. Stir.
- Cover; simmer until heated through or as long as you want.
That’s it! Yum!