Wow. Just wow. Blondies + s’mores = droooooooool…
I pinned this months ago, but I’ve never been a consumer of Marshmallow Fluff — in fact, any time I think about it, the line from Julie & Julia comes to mind, “What eez zees marshmallow fluff?” But I followed Mel’s advice & overcame my Fear of the Fluff. SO WORTH IT.
Overcome your Fear of the Fluff & make these. Now. (Original recipe here.)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about a sleeve of graham crackers, crushed)
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups marshmallow fluff or creme
- 2 cups chocolate chips (I used semisweet, but milk would be more authentically s’mores)
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9×13 pan with foil, leaving an overhang on the short edges, & spray the foil with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, cream together butter & brown sugar. Beat in eggs & vanilla.
- Reduce speed to low & gradually add flour mixture until combined.
- Divide dough in half. Press one half into the bottom of the prepared pan in an even layer.
- Dollop on the marshmallow topping & gently spread in an even layer.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top.
- Scatter remaining dough in clumps on top, leaving some of the marshmallow & chocolate peeking through.
- Bake 30-32 minutes, or until golden & the marshamllow is good & toasty.
- Let cool completely before removing the bars using the foil, cutting, & enjoying.